Print Scotland is the lead apprenticeship training provider for the Scottish Print Industry and offers Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQ’s) and Modern Apprenticeship (MA) certification in print. Modern apprentices undertake a workplace print training programme which is aimed at improving technical and interpersonal skills and are based on National Occupational Standards (NOS). These standards at SVQ level 2 & 3 ensure that qualifications are relevant to the current and future needs of the Scottish Print and related industries.
For employers there is a range of SVQ qualifications stretching across a number of key occupations and for maximum flexibility various pathways (routes) can be taken. Print training is agreed with a GES assessor and specialised support workbooks are supplied. SVQ’s are available to people of all ages and listed below are the current print qualifications with course duration period ranging from 12-36 months.
- SVQ Pre Press level 3 Route 1 – Digital Print, Route 2 – Digital Artwork, Route – 3 Image Carrier Production.
- SVQ Post Press Level 2 Route 1 – Print Finishing
- SVQ Post Press Level 3 Route 1 – General Print Finishing Route 2 – Case Binding Route 3 – Soft Binding.
- SVQ Press Level 2 Route 1 – Machine Printing
- SVQ Press Level 3 Route1 Sheet-Fed Lithography Route 2 – Web-Offset Route 3 – Flexography Route 4 – Screen Printing Route 5 – Gravure Route 6 – Digital Printing/Pre Press
- SVQ Carton Manufacture Level 3
- SVQ Print Administration Level 2
- SVQ Print Administration Level 3
|Download a copy of ‘Kickstart your Career with a Modern Print Apprenticeship‘ to find out more about how you can; earn as you learn, gain Professional qualification and develop new skills.
If you are interested in a print apprenticeship contact Garry Richmond or Jim McKenzie for more information.